Thursday, September 9, 2010

No. 1

Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns N' Roses (1987) Video - I'm a sucker for a great riff and, in my opinion, there's none greater than this. I like it because it's all things. Bad boy rockers doing a love song that's not even close to selling out. No other song feels so much like a love song and hard rock at the same time. This is as good as it gets. Off their debut album, Appetite For Destruction, where there is nary a bad song. Definitely one of my 21 albums.

"She's got a smile that seems to me reminds me of childhood memories where everything was as grey as the bright blue sky. Now and then when I see her face, she takes me away to that special place where if I stay too long, I'll probably break down and cry.

Whooooooaaaa sweet child o'mine. Sweet love o'mine.

She's got eyes of the bluest skies that if they thought of rain, I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain. Her hair reminds of a warm safe place where as a child I'd hide and pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by.

Whooooooaaaa sweet child o'mine. Sweet love o'mine."

1 comment:

  1. Nice project, man. Thanks for seeing it through. I'm sure it was fun.
    -Jonathan L

    ReplyDelete