Saturday, September 4, 2010

No. 5

Grace Is Gone - Dave Matthews Band (2002) Video - Well, here we are at the best kept secret on my entire list. The single from Busted Stuff that never registered on any chart, should've. I was a Dave Matthews Band fan for 2 years before I realized how great this song was. As far as I'm concerned there's no better breakup song, no song that encapsulates the spirit of missing one of the great ones. Most songs don't have one line on par with every line of the song.

"Neon shines through smoky eyes tonight. It's 2 a.m., I'm drunk again, it's heavy on my mind. I could never love again, so much as I love you. Where you end, where I begin, it's like a river going through. Take my eyes, take my heart 'cause I need them no more if never again they fall upon the one I so adore.

Excuse me please one more drink, could you make it strong 'cause I don't need to think, she broke my heart, my grace is gone, one more drink and I'll move on.

One drink to remember, then another to forget, how could I ever dream to find sweet love like you again. One drink to remember, and another to forget.

Excuse me please one more drink, could you make it strong 'cause I don't need to think, she broke my heart, my Grace is gone, one more drink and I'll move on.

You think of things impossible then the sun refused to shine, I woke with you beside me, your cold hand lay in mine.

Excuse me please one more drink, could you make it strong 'cause I don't need to think, she broke my heart, my Grace is gone, one more drink and I'll go.

Excuse me please one more drink, could you make it strong 'cause I don't need to think, she broke my heart, my Grace is gone, one more drink and I'll move on. One more drink and I'll be gone. One more drink my Grace is gone."

If you're keeping score at home, that's 14 drinks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment