Monday, July 19, 2010

No. 14

Roadhouse Blues (Live) - The Doors (1970) Video - "Ladies and gentlemen, from Los Angeles, California, the Dooooorrrrsssss!!!!" This is the greatest intro in the history of live performances. In an odd coincidence, this starts off a set of 3 straight songs, known primarily for their performances.

No group leaves me feeling as conflicted as The Doors. They represented so much that I'm against, but they were tremendous musicians, poetic songwriters, unequaled performers, and featured the greatest frontman in the history of frontmen. I could've easily had Riders On The Storm, L.A. Woman, Love Me Two Times, The End, or Moonlight Drive on this list, but the highest point of any Doors record for me is the aforementioned intro. I don't know if any group ever had command of a crowd quite like Jim Morrison and The Doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment