Thursday, May 27, 2010

No. 81

Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones (1971) - Don't confuse this song for the inferior version they produced in 1995. I'm unable to find the original on YouTube. Often covered, the Alicia Keys Unplugged version w/Adam Levine (Maroon 5) changes it significantly, but is outstanding (Video). Fans love to theorize as to its origins, but according to Mick Jagger, the story was a fabrication but the influences were undoubtedly an amalgam of real-world emotions.

"Childhood living is easy to do, the things you wanted, I bought them for you. Graceless lady, you know who I am, you know I can't let you slide through my hands. Wild horses couldn't drag me away. Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

I watched you suffer a dull, aching pain. Now you decided to show me the same. No sweeping exits or off-stage lines could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind. Wild horses couldn't drag me away. Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

I know I've dreamed you a sin and a lie. I have my freedom, but I don't have much time. Faith has been broken, tears must be cried. Let's do some living after we die."

No comments:

Post a Comment