Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No. 84

Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz (1993) Video - If this were a list of the best guitar riffs, this is easily top-1o. Seriously, this is a riff in the vein of Hendrix, Richards, Page, and Clapton. In fact, I thought it was Hendrix when I first heard it. The theory that I believe about it's meaning is that it's written from Jesus' point of view. Before you ridicule, read:

"I was born long ago, I am the chosen I'm the one. I have come to save the day and I won't leave until I'm done. So that's why you've got to try, you got to breathe and have some fun, though I'm not paid I play this game, and I won't stop until I'm done. But what I really want to know is, are you gonna go my way?....I don't know why we always cry. This we must leave and get undone. We must engage and rearrange and turn this planet back to one."

Yeah, so I know what I'm singing for special music next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment