Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No. 46

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain - Willie Nelson (1975) Video - Continuing a good run of songs that my dad gave to me is the last song Elvis Presley ever sang (at the piano in the music room at Graceland). Though Willie Nelson had previously been primarily known for his writing prowess, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain was actually written in 1945 by Fred Rose. It doesn't get much simpler than this song, which is, I assert, country at its finest.

"In the twilight glow I see her, blue eyes crying in the rain. When we kissed goodbye and parted, I knew we'd never meet again. Love is like a dying ember and only memories remain and through the ages I'll remember blue eyes crying in the rain. Someday when we meet up yonder, we'll stroll hand in hand again in the land that knows no parting blue eyes crying in the rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment