Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No. 67

Girl, I Wanna Lay You Down - Animal Liberation Orchestra (2004) Video - Known simply as ALO, these high school buddies used their lead singer's (Zach Gill) college friendship with Jack Johnson to launch their own music career. The video actually features Jack Johnson at the Kokua Music Festival. They now frequently tour and play together. Based on the success of this single, Jack signed them to his label, Brushfire Records.

The song is as chill and as sweet as any song on the list. In fact, barring a late veto, it will be played at my wedding in 2 months. This is the first of 3 straight songs that many people don't know. I'd encourage you to familiarize yourself with them. If you like the rest of the list, you'll probably like the unknowns as well.

"I come over, early in the morning. I'm like a heat wave without warning and when I touch you, my heart begins to flutter 'cause you're smooth and creamy like peanut butter.

Awww girl I wanna lay you down. I said girl I wanna lay you down.

I'm gonna flood you, like a love river, aww baby the postman is about to deliver. I cook you up some dinner, a little pasta. Listen to some music, a little rasta.

I said girl I wanna lay you down, I said girl I wanna lay you down, awww baby baby, don't you know I need you love?

So turn out the lights, bring out the candles, wrap your arms around my love handles. They say that passion does not always endure, but this feeling that I have for you is burning up my world."

No comments:

Post a Comment