Thursday, June 3, 2010

No. 64

In My Life - The Beatles (1965) Video - This could've been any of about 20 songs by the Beatles, but the fact that it's not played as often as Yesterday, Let It Be, or Imagine has kept me from getting tired of it. The truth is, you could rank the remaining 64 songs as all Beatles songs and not have a bad one. In My Life and Eleanor Rigby are the only 2 Beatles songs that Lennon and McCartney disagree on. They both claim to have written the melodies.

Lennon penned the lyrics from childhood memories:

"There are places I remember all my life, though some have changed. Some forever not for better, some have gone and some remain. All these places have their moments, with lovers and friends I still can recall. Some are dead and some are living, in my life I've loved them all.

But of all those friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you and those memories lose their meaning when I think of love as something new. Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before I know I'll often stop and think about them, in my life I love you more."

No comments:

Post a Comment