Sunday, June 13, 2010

No. 49

Mama, I'm Coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne (1991) Video - Contrary to what one might think, this song is about Ozzy's wife, Sharon, not his mother. In many ways, she was a mother to him, a mother keen on using her husband's talents to make them both wealthy. It was Sharon who slapped Ozzy out of his drug-induced post-Black Sabbath stupor, if not for her, we likely never experience his talents again. Thank you, Mama.

My experience with the Ozzman really began in college where my roommate C.J. had recently purchased his greatest hits. I was working until midnight one Sunday evening at my internship with my headphones on, listening to this song, when I realized there was no one else in the entire building. I began belting "Mama, mama I'm coooommmmiiinnnnggg hhhhhhooooooommmmmeeee!" After finishing up the project, I walked past the executive offices to see one of the vice presidents working away.

No comments:

Post a Comment